Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
We are looking to fill two roles, Occupational Health, Safety & Environment (OHSE) and Security, both roles support 400+ staff located on the Yeovil site and form part of a small Business Team that reports directly to the Head of Establishment. You will be a key point of contact for internal and external specialism requests, ensuring the Yeovil site is compliant with MOD/DE&S policies and procedures.
You will support staff by directing them to the correct channels to resolve queries or access relevant information and regularly interact with stakeholders at all levels across the DE&S / Leonardo business and you will be mostly responsible for your own work, with the ability to develop and learn whilst in post.
Both posts are open to job share, the Security role is full time (5 days/week) and OSHE post is part time 4 days/week.
Key activities and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing Yeovil site OHSE/Security activity
• Communicate OHSE messages, improve awareness and embed an effective culture
• Act as subject matter point of contact for Yeovil site providing advice and guidance from internal and external requests
• Interpretation of subject matter policy and rules and engagement with multiple stakeholders on this content
• Supporting reviews/investigations and assurance activities
• Responsible for the regular checks of policy and processes
• Managing document production, processing and maintenance as instructed e.g. any relevant papers for meetings, administration of hard copy classified documents
• Maintenance of data, hard and soft copy
Both positions are challenging and exciting for those looking to learn and develop their skills within the OSHE and Security Corporate Services sub functions. You will be conscientious in your work with the ability to work independently and in a team environment and will need to provide accurate and informative input.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Minimum of 5 GCSE's grade C or above or equivalent corporate experience in a professional environment.
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with IT proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel).
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Have a flexible attitude and approach to work, with the ability to manage your own workload.
• Demonstrate excellent time management skills
• Proactive approach to work and an attitude to improve your performance
• For OSHE role only: IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent qualification and experience in a similar role
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Managing a quality service
• Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Corporate Services Group (CSG) is pivotal in enabling effective business operations. We are a professional body of people who undertake a diverse range of challenging activities which are integral to Defence procurement and support. CSG are represented in every area of the organisation enabling the successes of DE&S.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and upload your details.
Please find 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser. You will need to register with Skillstream to create a profile and upload your CV:
Daryl Mazelin - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist£19,044 - £20,000
||Daryl Mazelin - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
Box 305, Centenary House, Leonardo MW Ltd, Lysander Road
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)