Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Are you an IT professional, looking to join a team at the forefront of the digital market, working with the latest technologies and shaping the future of the UK’s armed forces?
We are seeking professionals to join our forward-thinking Information Technology Function that are collectively responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of key software and systems development processes.
This roles enables DE&S to become a digital business by making digital services and information simpler, clearer and faster; therefore, the role will require business acumen, an ability to think conceptually, enthusiasm and innovation.
The responsibilities of the various roles may include:
• Build code to detailed specifications, unit testing and correct code errors.
• Document unit test results to aid learning, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a quality well-engineered result.
• Ensure reviews of own work to meet compliance of agreed standards and processes.
• Participate in Agile Software Development, increasing knowledge of interactive code design, build and test.
• Grow own in-depth knowledge of your technology application stack and understand how it fits in the wider IT landscape.
• Participate in Agile Software Development, promote the methodology, interactive build & testing.
• Participate in the produce of prototypes/proof of concept with senior developers’
• Be an active part of the Application and Development community, attend meetings and participate in working groups.
• Perform FDO role to improve capability within the function and participate in other function improvement activities.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Significant experience of Software Engineering & Delivery within a complex organization.
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Experience of Data Modelling
• Experience in Code Writing / SQL Script & Microsoft SQL Server experience
• ETL (extract, transform, and load) backend experience
• Power BI Knowledge
• Visual Studio
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Development & Implementation
• Strategy, Architecture & Solution Design
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Working together
• Making effective decisions
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Our mission is to both enable and drive DE&S towards its vision to become a world-class digital business. The IM&IT function employs professionals from information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the ‘digital partner’ to DE&S, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and upload your details.
lease find 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser. You will need to register with Skillstream to create a profile and upload your CV:
Jeff Walker - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist£27,000 - £32,000
||Jeff Walker - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)