Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
The Special Projects Information Systems and Networks (SPISN) Delivery Team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Operations Manager to join their team supporting specialist users in adopting and maintaining new Information Technology (IT) systems and information exploitation capabilities.
The successful candidate will join the SPISN team at the cutting edge of new business approaches and delivery methodologies within DE&S. The team employs innovative working practices to link industry products and services to customer needs in a rapid manner. The role offers an opportunity to directly contribute to the success of UK Armed Forces deployed on operations in the UK and abroad.
This role will lead a cross-functional team to manage and oversee the service management of capabilities at the forefront of our users operations. You will be responsible for supporting a suite of related projects, working with highly skilled individuals across multi-functioned disciplines such as Commercial, Finance, Logistics and Project Controls to manage contractors, budgets, and dependencies, ensuring the services match our users Information Systems requirements, and remain secure, safe, and assured.
If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of Defence, then this could be the ideal career for you.
You’ll be responsible for managing risk, budgets and outputs that demonstrate value for money and maintain service performance If successful, you will be responsible for embedding and adhering to all governance and policy.
• Lead IT Operations team to ensure high quality service is delivered that
meets the needs of the stakeholders.
• Developing and managing teams, identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups.
• Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful service management.
• Oversee and communicate the IT service delivery model for customers and manage and maintain the Service Level Agreements.
• Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of service management, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisation practice.
• Development and the production of investment appraisals, obtaining financial approval and agreeing budget, controlling forecast and actual costs against them.
• Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods/services needed for delivery, monitoring compliance and managing variances.
• Monitor and control financial aspects of each project or contract.
• Managing a diverse range of stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and interests
• Management of available resources and knowledge to ensure a professional, expert and consistent approach is maintained.
• Appropriate use of resources including engagement of commercial, technical and financial subject matter experts in order to make effective and timely decisions.
• Engage with cross-functional teams to ensure quality of service is maintained, influencing Stakeholders where appropriate.
• Lead and facilitate the implementation of IT service desk models, components/processes to deliver a high-quality service to the users.
• Lead the remedial actions from audits and compliance activity to improve service resilience.
• Provide advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders carrying out maintenance activity to mitigate risks to service.
• Responsible for incident management and problem resolution, communicating resolution progress to stakeholders, ensuring lesson learned are gathered, to form evidence based continuous improvement.
• Design and produce management Information, including dashboards, KPI reports and service performance metrics, to illustrate service performance and support senior decision making.
• Contribute to the development, maintenance and review of policies, procedures and initiatives which relate to IT Operations.
• Manage the lifecycle for all managed assets (software & licenses etc.) including inventory, compliance, usage and disposal to comply with all guidelines and regulations.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• ITIL Practitioner qualification or equivalent
• Experience working in IT operations/infrastructure and application support
• Experience of Internal/External Stakeholders relationship
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Degree in an IT related area or equivalent in experience
• Management experience
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Service delivery and operations
• Change and transformation
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Communicating and influencing
• Managing a quality service
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Our mission is to both enable and drive DE&S towards its vision to become a world-class digital business. The IM&IT function employs professionals from information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the ‘digital partner’ to DE&S, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and upload your details.
Please find 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser. You will need to register with Skillstream to create a profile and upload your CV:
Becky Syms - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist£46,750 - £55,000
||Becky Syms - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)