Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Are you an IT professional, looking to join a team at the forefront of the digital market, working with the latest technologies and shaping the future of the UK’s armed forces? We are seeking professionals to join our forward-thinking Information Technology Function that are collectively responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of key IT processes.
DE&S are looking to recruit a SQL developer into Data Services to help build their new analytics platform and Data warehouse. This roles enables DE&S to become a digital business by making digital services and information simpler, clearer and faster; therefore, the role will require business acumen, an ability to think conceptually, enthusiasm and innovation.
The successful applicant will take part in:
- Building and supporting Data Analytics, Data Warehousing and Data Modelling within an agile environment
- Participate in Agile Software Development to build code, conduct unit testing and correct code errors
- Document unit test results to aid learning, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a quality well-engineered result.
- Ensure reviews of own work to meet compliance of agreed standards and processes.
- Participate in Agile Software Development, increasing knowledge of interactive code design, build and test.
- Grow own in-depth knowledge of the Analytics Environment technology application stack and understand how it fits in the wider IT landscape.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Experienced in developing databases and data warehouse.
• Experienced operating and delivering at a leadership/managerial level is highly desirable.
• Experience in using tools such as: MS SQL / SSIS, Visual Studio, Data Modelling (Kimball), C#, SQL SSAS
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Ideally be Educated to degree level or equivalent or with demonstrable similar working experience.
• Experience in working within an agile development environment
• Experience in Power BI
• Experience in Qlikview or Tableau
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Development & Implementation
• Strategy, Architecture & Solution Design
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Managing a quality service
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Our mission is to both enable and drive DE&S towards its vision to become a world-class digital business. The IM&IT function employs professionals from information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the ‘digital partner’ to DE&S, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and upload your details.
Please find 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
| Job Requirements/
We have adopted anonymised recruitment. This means that your name, date of birth and other personal details will not be seen by the sift panel.
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your DE&S CV form which is attached to this advert. Please do not upload a copy of your CV. Your application must clearly demonstrate the following areas (which you will be assessed against):
• Key Achievements
• Relevant Experience
• Applied Knowledge and Skills
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser to find the CV Form you will need to attach to your application:
Nicholas Wills £38,250 - £45,000
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)