Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
As a Cost Analysis Lead (Cost Engineering), you will be responsible for the technical development of a team of Cost Engineers supplying audit and assurance of single source procurement, across a portfolio or number of high valve and complex projects. You will work with suppliers and stakeholders to integrate relevant pricing, risk and rates information; you will be responsible for providing pricing and cost assurance to delivery teams; ensuring prices are fair and reasonable and value for money and communicating with key stakeholders to drive efficient delivery and investment decisions.
Your duties and skills will include:
- Experience of wider Project Controls and how cost analysis/assurance integrates.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing Cost Analysis and Assurance in a delivery and functional environment.
- Be confident in working at senior level with supply chain and stakeholders .
- Be able to simplify and articulate complex cost and assurance data and communicate to all levels of the organisation.
- Have experience and knowledge of single source procurement framework and defence pricing mechanisms.
In person, you will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills with demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with teams, across functions and with all levels of the organisation. Coaching aspects of the role include:
- Coaching in Single Source Prices
- Analysis of industry bids
- Production of reports
- Accordance with single source pricing
These posts represent a real opportunity to be involved with the continual development of best practice within DE&S and SDA Project Controls environment.
These roles would suit experienced cost analysts with a proven track record and experience either in supplier, consultant or client-side roles; ideally with a background in delivery projects through the stages of design, procurement, manufacture, and in-service.
Knowledge of the defence sector is desirable, but a related background is not a prerequisite as we welcome applicants from a broad spectrum of industries and sectors.
This position will be based in Abbeywood with frequent travel required to Yeovil.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Significant experience of leading cost analysis, assurance and estimating in a Project and Programme environment
• Experience of leading and taking responsibility of assurance activities for compliance and value for money
• Strong data analysis and data manipulation skills (excel for example)
• Proven Team leadership, ability to coach and develop people with the ability to innovate and develop alternative ways of working
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Working towards achieving full membership of APM (or equivalent) and/or ICEAA or ACostE (or equivalent)
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Controlling a project
• Setting the project/programme context
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Seeing the big picture
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
The Project Controls Function is responsible for providing the right information, at the right time, to support better-informed decisions. Driving accountability, responsibility and efficiency across DE&S, our Project Controls teams are involved in all phases of every project helping to predict and oversee the time and cost management of these projects. From Estimating, Risk Management and Cost Control, to Planning and Scheduling and Project Controls Management, our people are crucial to the successful delivery of our work.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following into your browser for further information:
Kirsty Cobb - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist50150 - 59000
||Kirsty Cobb - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)