Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), was formed on 3rd April 2017 from the Submarine Operating Centre within the MOD’s Defence Equipment & Support organisation. As of April 2018, it assumed status as an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Defence and will employ 1,200 highly qualified professionals with significant subject matter expertise..
This role sits within the SDA’s Information, Security and Resilience team, working on behalf of the Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) Lead. You will have specific responsibility for the management and improvement of SDA Records Management and Information Governance practises, ensuring compliance with legislation and MOD policies. You will be supporting the delivery of information policy and governance by providing advice to senior colleagues on strategic issues and liaising with stakeholders on complex matters in your area of expertise.
• Ensure information is being captured, stored, distributed, used, processed, retained and eventually disposed of, to meet the requirements of the law, MOD policy and guidance.
• Deliver improvements to SDA Records Management (RM) practises; including the SDA Retention Schedule.
• Oversee the management of electronic and paper-based information; working with delivery teams to ensure processes are adhered to.
• Identify innovative approaches to performing records management activities to enhance process efficiency and customer experience.
• Provide specialist advice and guidance to projects within the SDA.
• Identify information risks within the organisation and work with stakeholders to reduce these.
• Brief stakeholders and non-technical colleagues on processes and develop/deliver training.
• Support the development of KIM staff within the wider organisation.
• Perform delivery management duties for one individual, responsible for developing SDA information management practises.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Experience of delivering Records Management activity in a large organisation and/or relevant qualification
• Experience working with Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS)
• Experience working with and/or developing information and records management policies.
• Strong written communication skills.
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Experience of working with information and records management policies in either the MOD or wider Civil Service.
• Knowledge of the Public Records Act.
• Experience working with Information Asset Owners and Information Asset Registers
• Ability to draft policies and communicate processes to a non-technical audience.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Knowledge and Information Management
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Changing and improving
• Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Please find 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Our mission is to both enable and drive SDA towards its vision to become a world-class digital business. The IM&IT function employs professionals from information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the ‘digital partner’ to SDA, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser. You will need to register with Skillstream to create a profile and upload your CV:
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 10th January 2021
Maddison Smith £35,700 - £42,000
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)