Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Corporate Services offers a challenging and stimulating variety of work in both delivery and support teams. The function utilises the expertise of eight specialisms that collectively enable the operational day-to-day running of the business to ensure that DE&S/SDA delivers its objectives and maintains compliance with the requirements of being part of a Department of State. We cover: Business Support; Comms, Media & Marketing; Infrastructure & Estate Management; Policy Profession; Sales & Disposals; Occupational Health, Safety & Environment; Quality Management; and Security.
We have vacancies in the Business Change specialism. Do you have the skills to join this organisation?
The role of the Business Change Manager is to proactively prepare the business for the impact of the changes being delivered by the project. The Business Change Manager provides a bridge between the project and the business users to ensure that activities are planned and completed to enable the business to implement the agreed change and realise the business benefits. You can expect a challenging, broad and varied role which will test your stakeholder management, analytical, and managerial skills. The role will stretch your influencing and communication skills, knowledge of change management principles, problem-solving ability, decision making, management of resources and strengths in working autonomously.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
• Deliver, manage and implement change initiatives to ensure alignment with and support to the DE&S business objectives
• Lead on business change activity and work with the project to support delivery of the Business Case benefits and outcomes. Champion the use of best practice and provide expert advice for team members and project community.
• Support the Project Manager in preparing and updating the change management elements of the Business Case.
• Support the Project Manager to create the required Business Change products. Leads on engagement with key contacts. Ensures products are fit for purpose.
• Establish and maintain the change plan for a specific area of responsibility.
• Identify, qualify, and update the business readiness criteria across area of responsibility before implementation. Supports the tracking of these to ‘approve/refuse’ go-live.
• Support the Benefits Manager, Project Manager and stakeholders to identify and leverage benefits. Considers Benefits Management in all Business Change activities.
• Work with Stakeholder Manager and Project Manager to create and maintain communications strategies and plans as they relate to Business Change messaging. Provides content for communications relating to Business Change across area of responsibility.
• Conduct effective stakeholder management by setting up and creating networks to educate the business on maximising effectiveness and efficiency. Identify and classify stakeholders, ensures their inclusion in stakeholder engagement plan.
• Manage and mitigate business change risk.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Knowledge of change management principles, protocols and models. Experience of delivering change management.
• Awareness of project and programme management principles, protocols and models and how these interface with change management activities.
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Member of a professional body ie CMI, IAM
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Change Management
• Stakeholder & Communications Management
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Managing a quality service
• Delivering at pace
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Corporate Services Group (CSG) is pivotal in enabling effective business operations. We are a professional body of people who undertake a diverse range of challenging activities which are integral to Defence procurement and support. CSG are represented in every area of the organisation enabling the successes of DE&S.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following into your browser for further information:
Daryl Mazelin - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist34,000 - £40,000
||Daryl Mazelin - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)