Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
As an Information Support Officer you will have responsibilities that cover a vast range of activities from implementing key KIM and Information Assurance processes, to providing advice within your area to support policy on the use of corporate IT. You will be customer focused and customer facing, engaging with multiple stakeholders providing advice and guidance, alongside interpreting policy and developing new ideas.
You will support the identification, control and management of information assets to ensure compliance with policy and legislation,. You will support changes to the serviced infrastructure and implementing processes in order to roll out changes and updates to the business. You will have a passion to develop your existing skill-set across Knowledge, Information and Records Management, also Information Assurance and Data Protection.
• Interpret policy and maintain information environments and records to ensure compliance with Information Management good practice, standards, policy and legislation.
• Carry out requirements capture and build information solutions to agreed standards.
• Actively manage end user expectations to provide high levels of service.
• Deliver Knowledge and Information Management related training and briefings to increase knowledge and skills.
• Provide guidance for stakeholders and share best practice across the KIM community.
• Support Records Management to ensure information can be stored, retrieved effectively and risks managed.
• Work collaboratively with other IT Operations team and other functional team members to deliver the service.
• Contribute to the work of the team, function by suggesting improvements or new ways of working to improve the quality of the Information Management.
• Perform audit checks with accuracy (good attention to detail) and carry out agreed compliance monitoring activities.
• Be an active part of the Knowledge and Information Management community, attend meetings and participate in working groups.
• Improve capability within the function, as a Function Development Officer (FDO), by supporting the continual professional development of junior colleagues and participate in other function improvement activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful applicants to become SME’s within their fields
Please note, these positions will be open to Sole UK Nationals only and some posts will require enhanced DV clearance.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Experience of Knowledge & Information Management in an organisation
• Records management experience and familiarity of KIM regulation and legislation
• Knowledge of SharePoint and MS office suite
• Experience of Data integrity
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Evidence of commitment to KIM Continual Professional Development
• Knowledge of relevant Joint Service Publications (JSP)
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Knowledge and Information Management
• Information Assurance
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Managing a quality service
• Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Please find 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Our mission is to both enable and drive SDA towards its vision to become a world-class digital business. The IM&IT function employs professionals from information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the ‘digital partner’ to SDA, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser. You will need to register with Skillstream to create a profile and upload your CV:
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 14th February 2021
Nicholas Wills£28,050 - £33,000
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)