Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Part Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our Armed Forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's Armed Forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Corporate Services offers personnel a challenging and stimulating variety of work in both delivery and support teams. The function utilises the expertise of nine specialisms that collectively enable the operational day-to-day running of the business to ensure DE&S delivers its objectives and maintains compliance with the requirements of being part of a Department of State. We cover: Business Support; Communications & Marketing; Executive Support; Infrastructure & Estate Management; Policy, Strategy & Parliamentary; Sales & Disposals; Occupational Health, Safety & Environment; Business Process & Assurance; and Security.
A part-time opportunity has arisen for an experienced security professional to become a regarded Subject Matter Expert, and join the team to provide advice and guidance on complex matters relating to security.
As a Lightning Security Advisor you will work within the UK Lightning Delivery Team as a member of the Special Access Program (SAP) Security team. You will be formally appointed Billet Security Manager and be responsible to the Government Special Access Programme Security Officer (GSSO) AND the UK Country Security Manager (CSM. This position involves management of the list of authorised personnel in terms of:
• UKSV Security Clearances.
• Formal Program Inductions.
• Annual Security Training.
• Formal Security Debriefs.
Applicants should be aware that this is a part-time opportunity of reduced hours between a minimum 25 hours to a maximum 30 hours per week. Specific days and hours can be negotiated with the team upon successful appointment. Annual salary will therefore be pro rata.
Responsibilities as Lightning Security Advisor will include:
• Ensuring that access to SAP Facilities and SAP level information across the UK is controlled in accordance with agreed security instructions.
• Management of the through life process of all administration relating to indoctrinations. Managing multiple sensitive lists on multiple limited access systems.
• Management of indoctrinations for multiple programs.
• Indoctrinating individuals of all ranks/grades and from across industry who require and are approved for access, including Government Ministers.
• Operating in close liaison with Security Leads in Government and Industry.
• Developing with senior stakeholders, new policy and procedures with regards to Billet Management and access to limited compartmented information.
• Reviewing and updating Annual Security Refresher Training to reflect emerging trends.
• Attending and participating in Security Meetings across the UK.
• Holding and maintaining the relevant SAP IT account in order to be the lead in receiving SAP level information to support UK F35 Operations. Through this connectivity level you will establish and maintain the critical supporting network.
• To be the subject matter expert for Billet Security Management in the UK and to give specialist advice to all areas and to be the authority on all clearances.
• Producing weekly, monthly and yearly statistics and reports to ensure audit, progress, accuracy and to therefore ensure the full security of individuals having access to the program across the world.
• Providing all relevant training to those staff for whom you are responsible and ensure their professional development needs are addressed.
Due to this role involving occasional travel to other MOD sites, or wider locations, the ability to drive would be beneficial.
Please note that due to the security requirements, this post is open to SOLE UK Nationals only. The post will require you to obtain Developed Vetting (DV) once you have started in post.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
•Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
•Experience of stakeholder engagement at all levels.
•Able to determine priorities and deliver results at pace.
•Hold a Level 3 Security Management Qualification or equivalent experience such as working in a security consultancy or industry.
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
•Experience of working within security governance.
•Experience of developing and learning new skills within a role and adaptable to new ways of working.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Security governance
• Personnel security
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Communicating and influencing
• Managing a quality service
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Corporate Services Group (CSG) is pivotal in enabling effective business operations. We are a professional body of people who undertake a diverse range of challenging activities which are integral to Defence procurement and support. CSG are represented in every area of the organisation enabling the successes of DE&S.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following into your browser for further information:
Beth Wilkinson-DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist23,800 - £28,000
||Beth Wilkinson-DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)