Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join the team in Army HQ Andover, working on the programme delivery of Boxer, the British Army’s future multi-role armoured fighting vehicle.
As a Senior Project Manager you will act as the Programme Manager for one of the Army’s top four multi-billion pound equipment programmes, directly supporting the programme Director and Senior Responsible Owner. You will work alongside military colleagues, whilst leading the cross-Defence Lines Of Development (DLOD) planning, integration and management to deliver a critical new multi-variant capability to the Army and will be accountable for driving the realisation of expected benefits from this Programme.
In this position, you will also support the strategy and planning for wider programme delivery, including contributing to Army's Land Industrial Strategy and Exports, of which Boxer will be at the heart. You will have vision and influence to evolve the programme in order to align with future modernisation priorities and ensure the buy-in of the diverse stakeholder community, whilst driving those same stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of the baseline capability.
As Senior Project Manager responsibilities will include:
• Leading the programme management, controls and governance for a Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMPP) Programme
• Co-ordinating approvals, governance, compliance and reporting into Army HQ and wider MOD
• Acting as the Business Case Manager for future approvals, responsible for the development and sign-off of the Business Case, liaising with all the relevant organisations as required for the underpinning plans, data and evidence
• Managing the performance reporting, including financial planning and commercial implications across activity streams
• Planning and management of activities, driving business maturity, innovation and improvement, and communication with DE&S, as the key delivery agent, and suppliers
• Run the Programme Board, Capability Integration Working Groups and Steering Groups to support the Senior Responsible Owner and Programme Director
• Support integration activity between both vehicle and soldier platforms
• To act as a leading P3M champion and expert within Director Support’s portfolio
As the Senior Project Manager you will have responsibility for oversight of budgets, looking at the overall programme spend, analysing the financial benefits and understanding the challenges and commercial risk.
This role embedded in the Army Headquarters, offers you an exciting insight to understand the Front Line Command and higher programme level management of capability modernisation, with wider benefits to participate in or observe Army activities and visits.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Significant experience of leading and delivering complex projects and programmes.
• Experience of building and influencing a network of key stakeholders across multiple organisations.
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Any internationally recognised PM qualification or registration (e.g. APM PPQ, PMI PgMP, or APM Chartered Project Professional)
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Acquisition Project Management
• Controlling a Project
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Seeing the big picture
• Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
The Project Management Function provides a pipeline of project professionals to deliver our complex programme of work. The breadth of what our Project Managers do, means a career with us gives you a fantastic level of variety and a genuine ability to develop your project management career. From developing the nation’s future submarines to acquiring armoured vehicles, our work is at the forefront of fast-paced, cutting-edge project delivery.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following into your browser for further information:
Jeff Walker - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist46,750 - £55,000
||Jeff Walker - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
Army Headquarters, Blenheim Building, Marlborough Lines, Monxton Road
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)