Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
A great opportunity has arisen for a Change Manager to work as part of the JAMES Project (Joint Asset Management and Engineering Solutions) at Warminster.
Helping to provide a managed service of engineering and asset management to Army HQ, you will be instrumental as part of the Change Team, leading two Project Managers and reporting on their progress.
Working alongside, and engaging with other areas within JAMES, including the Management and Project Controls team, Enablers and the Service Delivery Team, you shall lead the Change Team in processing change requests concerning the following three areas:
• Legislation and legal requirements
• Security changes
• Functionality changes and requests from the end user
You will work closely with suppliers in overseeing the monitoring and updating of the change schedule, reporting to the JAMES team and stakeholders on developments.
Key responsibilities as Change Manager will include:
• Engaging and managing multiple stakeholders, both within the JAMES team and externally, directing the production of different business cases in line with agreed requirements from end users.
• Liaising with finance and overseeing the agreed change programme budget.
• Liaising with stakeholders during the development of changes.
• Liaising with the commercial team to understand policies and procedures for contractual agreements and quotations.
• Ensuring the cost of change provided by consultancy is representative of what is expected.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Experience working in change management
• Demonstration of managing budgets
• Experience in engaging with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Any internationally recognised PM qualification or registration (e.g. APM PPQ, PMI PgMP, or APM Chartered Project Professional).
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Managing Support, Supplier & Customer Networks
• Controlling a Project
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Changing and improving
• Making effective decisions
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
The Project Management Function provides a pipeline of project professionals to deliver our complex programme of work. The breadth of what our Project Managers do, means a career with us gives you a fantastic level of variety and a genuine ability to develop your project management career. From developing the nation’s future submarines to acquiring armoured vehicles, our work is at the forefront of fast-paced, cutting-edge project delivery.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following into your browser for further information:
Jeff Walker- DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist34,850 - £41,000
||Jeff Walker- DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Battlesbury Barracks
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)