Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
A dynamic opportunity has a risen for a Project Manager to join the Change Team as part of the JAMES Project (Joint Asset Management and Engineering Solutions) at Warminster.
The aim is to provide a managed service of engineering and asset management to Army HQ, supported by the Management and Project Controls team, Enablers, the Service Delivery Team and the Change Team.
As part of the Change team, you will be allocated individual Requests For Change (RFCs) by the Change Manager and will then be responsible for overseeing this change through to delivery on the Live system. These requests will concern the following key areas:
• Legislation and legal requirements
• Security changes
• Functionality changes and requests from the end user
As a Project Manager, responsibilities will include:
• Writing business cases and following the tracking progress of the Request For Change, ensuring compliance in managing the project and how this aligns within the broader governance framework.
• Conduct internal and external stakeholder analysis work to identify and understand stakeholder requirements, interests and influences or support in the development of these elements for control accounts.
• Understand and demonstrate the contractual obligations and the role of suppliers to meet a project's requirements, working with the finance team to understand the cost profile and with the commercial team in order to gain approval and inputting into the contract preparation.
• Liaising and working with the JAMES team for testing and validation, managing risk, assumptions, issues, dependencies and opportunities for simple projects or support in the development of these elements for larger projects.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Previous experience of undertaking project management work
• Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent Level 2 qualification or higher
• Experience in engaging with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Working towards a recognised Project Management qualification such as AMP or equivalent
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Stakeholder Management
• Controlling a Project
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Changing and improving
• Delivering at pace
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
The Project Management Function provides a pipeline of project professionals to deliver our complex programme of work. The breadth of what our Project Managers do, means a career with us gives you a fantastic level of variety and a genuine ability to develop your project management career. From developing the nation’s future submarines to acquiring armoured vehicles, our work is at the forefront of fast-paced, cutting-edge project delivery.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following into your browser for further information:
Jeff Walker - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist24,650 - £29,000
||Jeff Walker - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Battlesbury Barracks
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)