Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Corporate Services offers a challenging and stimulating variety of work in both delivery and support teams. The function utilises the expertise of eight specialisms that collectively enable the operational day-to-day running of the business to ensure that Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) delivers its objectives and maintains compliance with the requirements of being part of a Department of State. We cover: Business Support; Comms, Media & Marketing; Infrastructure & Estate Management; Policy Profession; Sales & Disposals; Occupational Health, Safety & Environment; Quality Management; and Security
As a DE&S/SDA Business Change Manager, you will use your experience of working in a strategic role at senior or management level and working within a large and highly complex organisation, to play a pivotal leadership role across the Corporate Services function in ensuring the strategic direction of Business Change activities. The role requires leadership skills and technical experience in managing complex programmes as well as the ability to engender positive behaviours that motivate and develop our people.
The role of the Business Change Manager is to proactively prepare the business for the impact of the changes being delivered by the project. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of business change across multiple areas and supporting the strategic direction of change management. The role regularly provides advice to other change managers and stakeholders across the organisation. You will need sound knowledge and insight of business operations as well as Business Change theory and activities, having worked in a similar position. You will also need a demonstrable track record of identifying, implementing and maintaining changes within a business.
• Providing visible and effective leadership, leading the Business Change management activity as well as working with the project manager to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes. Developing clear vision and standards as well as championing the use of best practice Business Change management standards, tools and processes.
• Building strong networks both internally and externally.
• Leading on the change management elements of business cases.
• Leading the creation of the required Business Change products for the project. Leading on engagement with key contacts. Ensuring products are fit for purpose and used appropriately by the Project Manager/business.
• Establishing and maintaining the change plan for the project as well as providing input into the overall project plan.
• Identifying, qualifying and updating the business readiness criteria before implementation. Reporting on the tracking of these to ‘approve/refuse’ go-live to the Project Manager.
• Working in partnership with the Benefits Manager and stakeholders to plan benefits realisation as part of all Business Change activities.
• Leading on Business Change messaging, working closely with the Communications Manager. Providing content for communications relating to Business Change across project.
• Identifying, classifying and updating stakeholder engagement strategy and plans. Leading stakeholder engagement on projects to ensure it meets Business Change requirements.
• Managing and mitigating Business Change risk.
• Coordinating business implementation activities with other Business Change subject matter experts to ensure consistency across the business.
• Analysing and recommending prioritisation of change initiatives within the programme.
• Implementing effective governance arrangements for change.
• Providing advice across the business on change management principles, techniques and methodologies on how to maximise effectiveness as well as efficiency of business area.
• Providing supervision and support to more junior change employees by providing advice as well as developmental opportunities.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Knowledge of change management principles, protocols and models.
• Experience of delivering change management and leading others who are undertaking Business Change manager roles.
• Experience of project and programme management principles, protocols and models as well as how these interface with change management activities.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Change Management
• Problem Solving
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Making effective decisions
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Corporate Services Group (CSG) is pivotal in enabling effective business operations. We are a professional body of people who undertake a diverse range of challenging activities which are integral to Defence procurement and support. CSG are represented in every area of the organisation enabling the successes of DE&S.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following into your browser for further information:
Daryl Mazelin - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist45,900 - £54,000
||Daryl Mazelin - DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood, Filton
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)