Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
You will be based out of the location listed above in the advert, however, DE&S supports Smarter working, which empowers you to make decisions about when, where and how you work.
Corporate Services offers a challenging and stimulating variety of work in both delivery and support teams. The function utilises the expertise of eight specialisms that collectively enable the operational day-to-day running of the business to ensure that Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) delivers its objectives and maintains compliance with the requirements of being part of a Department of State. We cover: Business Support; Comms, Media & Marketing; Infrastructure & Estate Management; Policy Profession; Sales & Disposals; Occupational Health, Safety & Environment; Quality Management; and Security.
A dynamic opportunity for a Business Learning Trainer to join Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) in Beith.
As Business Learning Trainer you will provide and deliver critical training, education and information on a variety of subjects to Defence Munitions staff in order to work in a safe and compliant manner.
Based at Defence Munitions (DM) Beith, you will primarily be responsible for the northern sites including DM Crombie, DM Longtown and DM Glen Douglas. You will provide support to senior team members with the construction of training courses, the management of training records and the development of management information. This role also offers potential future responsibilities including assessing training and competency products.
Due to the frequent travel required between remote locations in this role the ability to drive would be beneficial as well as access to your own mode of transport.
• Construction, delivery and evaluation of training: covering subjects such as Health & Safety, Security, Manual Handling, Equality & Diversity, Behavioural Awareness and Explosive Safety Awareness
• Teaching elements of Defence Munitions functional training, learning and delivering other subjects as and when required
• Creating and maintaining learner records: following delivery of training produce and maintain training records, primarily using Microsoft Excel
• Acting as a point of contact for training delivery and engaging with stakeholders at various levels to provide specialist advice on subject area and other complex issues
•Coordinating with Defence Munition sites Focal Points in order to produce, agree and facilitate the training delivery plan, maintaining flexibility of delivery schedule
• Providing administrative support, advice and assistance to the training team, identify new training requirements and subsequently create training solutions/presentations
• Assisting with compiling the Statement of Training Requirements (SOTR)
Experience working in, or delivering training on Health & Safety or WOME (Weapons Ordnance Munitions Explosives) would be beneficial, as well as the ability to assess vocational competency.
Candidates must hold an instructional qualification from a recognised awarding body such as:
• Preparing to (PTLLS) / Certificate (CTLLS) or Diploma(DTLLS) in Teach in the Life-long Learning Sector
• Award/Certificate/Diploma in Education and Training
• CIPD learning qualification
• Military Basic Instructional Technique (BIT)
• Defence Instructional technique (DIT)
• An equivalent instructional qualification with delivery experience.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Accredited as an instructor/trainer by recognised external awarding bodies i.e. CIPD (or willing to commit to completing)
• Outstanding presentation skills with particular strength in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to design and deliver presentations to large audiences
• Ability to work autonomously and plan your own workload
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• A Health and Safety Qualification e.g IOSH or NBOSH
• Prepared to gain assessor qualifications
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Learning & Development (HR)
• Conflict People Management
• Developing self and others
• Making effective decisions
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Corporate Services Group (CSG) is pivotal in enabling effective business operations. We are a professional body of people who undertake a diverse range of challenging activities which are integral to Defence procurement and support. CSG are represented in every area of the organisation enabling the successes of DE&S.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following into your browser for further information:
Beth Wilkinson- DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist24,650 - £29,000
||Beth Wilkinson- DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist
Defence Equipment and Support
Defence Munitions Beith, Beith
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)