Name: Defence Equipment and Support
Status: Full Time
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
You will be based out of the location listed above in the advert, however, DE&S and the SDA both support Smarter working, which empowers you to make decisions about when, where and how you work.
The Information Management & Information Technology (IM&IT) function is an exciting and diverse function that employs professionals from information management, information technology, information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the ‘digital partner’ to DE&S, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology while at the same time keeping us legal and our information protected.
These roles are responsible for providing expert advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of Information Assurance, Audit and Systems Accreditation strategy, policy and solution relevant to the DE&S and SDA enterprise. The Cyber Security analyst supports information risk management, architecture development, threat analysis, cryptography and information technology assessment. This includes regular interaction with both internal and external parties and involves advising customers on complex and contentious issues.
You will have an excellent opportunity in this role to gain exposure to the wide breadth of skills and experience to aid personal development and progression within your career at DE&S to become a Consultant.
You will utilise your excellent communication and influencing skills in order to manage internal and external stakeholders to deliver tasking against agreed budget and time frames
You will also be responsible for building and maintaining a strong working relationship across a number of Stakeholders and play a key part in networking and engagement across the wider defence security landscape.
Undertake Information Assurance reviews, audits and security surveys both internal and external with Industry Partners and present findings to your Information Assurance Manager.
You will support the role of a Security Assurance Coordinator (SAC) for a variety of projects and be a point of contact for information risk management.
• Support cyber awareness on projects and Information Assurance community initiatives.
• Provide guidance to project teams regarding information assurance compliance and data security.
• Assist in determining how security policy is implemented in the system, liaise with the System Manager to manage issues and maintain countermeasures.
• Identify and keep abreast of new trends in methodologies, technologies and service and analyse the role and impact of current and future technology on DE&S’ security requirements
• Be an active part of the Information Assurance community, attend meetings and participate in working groups.
• Perform FDO role to improve capability within the function and participate in other function improvement activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to become an SME within their fields
Please note, these posts are open to Sole UK Nationals only and successful candidates will be required to gain DV clearance upon appointment.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Have an understanding of the implementation of Information Security Governance and Assurance within an organisation.
• An Awareness of ISO27001 or NIST800 Series Standards
• Experience working in at least one of the following areas: Cyber Security Risk Management, Information Asset Security, Security Architecture & Engineering, Communications & Network Security, Cyber Security Assessment and Testing, Cyber Security Operations, Software Development Security or possess a minimum of NQF Level 6 Qualification or higher in an ICT related subject and experience within an ICT field
• Demonstrable experience of stakeholder management and effective communication methods
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Experience of ISO27000 Series Standards or NIST800-53 standard implementation
• Experience of JSP440 or HMG IAS 1&2
• Associate Membership of the British Computer Society
• Holds Network+, Security+ (or similar certification), alternatively an NQF Level 4 (or higher) qualification in an ICT related subject or CCP at Practitioner Level
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Information Assurance
• Strategy, Architecture and Solution Design
• Working together
• Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Our mission is to both enable and drive DE&S towards its vision to become a world-class digital business. The IM&IT function employs professionals from information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the ‘digital partner’ to DE&S, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology.
| Job Requirements/
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 25th April 2021
Nicholas Wills £27,200 - £32,000
Defence Equipment and Support
MOD Abbey Wood
More Listings from Defence Equipment and Support
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)