Name: Cottsway Housing Association
Status: Full Time
To carry out general repair, maintenance and improvement of the Association’s properties in an effective and efficient manner and in accordance with good building practice and current building regulations.
• Tasks will generally be of a wet trade nature, (bricklaying, plastering, concreting, roofing, drainage etc) however at times work of associated trades will be necessary.
• a flexible approach to undertaking work of other trades, so that jobs can be completed by a single member of the team to the required standards of quality and timeliness, with a single appointment and consequential minimal disruption to the customer. Completion of jobs “Right First Time” is an essential part of the Cottsway strategy.
1. Professional accountabilities
You are expected:
a. To undertake wet trade maintenance, repairs and installation work in accordance with responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance requirements as directed by your Manager. This includes bricklaying, plastering, roofing, groundworks (paving, drainage, fencing) and vinyl sheet flooring. You are required to be fully competent in 2 of these 5 skill areas and competent to do minor amounts of a 3rd.
b. To prepare fully for each job in terms of materials, stock, appointment time, and any other operational details required for the smooth completion of the job.
c. To complete all aspects of the job using a wide range of trade skills and liaise effectively with colleagues who complete other aspects of larger jobs.
d. To work within a pre-allocated appointment system, and ensure that the maximum number of appointments are completed on time without compromising the quality of work.
e. To liaise directly with tenants, colleagues, and managers to ensure the smooth-running of the appointments system.
f. To use any communication tools provided (mobile phone, iPad) to seek immediate advice and assistance on issues not identified on the original order and which may require a variation.
g. To ensure each job is fully completed before handing over the job and ensure a high standard of finishing.
h. To ensure safe and efficient use of all machinery, materials, and tools and follow safe working practices at all times.
i. To ensure that all documentation in connection with jobs completed is recorded accurately and appropriately.
j. To ensure all properties are left in a clean and safe condition following any repairs or installation.
k. To participate in the standby rota for emergency call-outs as directed by your manager.
2. General obligations
On a personal basis you are expected to:
a. take responsibility for your own personal development and be willing to undertake training to improve your personal performance and knowledge.
b. understand your responsibilities under Cottsway’s policies and procedures and ensure that you comply with them.
c. provide the highest quality services and work to continually improve standards.
d. perform duties not specifically identified in the job description but which are in line with the general responsibilities of the post.
Place of work
You are designated a Mobile Worker and your place of work will be the site at which you are required to work. This may vary from day to day in accordance with the needs of the business. An allocated amount of travel time may be afforded during working hours in line with arrangements set down in the Working Hours and Flexible Working Policy.
This section summarises the values, behaviours, skills, knowledge and experience required.
We expect all members of staff to demonstrate our values in their work: they are: Commitment, Honesty, Opportunity, Engagement and Community
We Are Cottsway – Behaviours Framework
Our Behaviours framework defines the behaviours and attitudes we expect everyone to demonstrate during the course of their work.
Innovation and Change
Trust and Respect
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
For this job role, it is essential that you:
• Have experience and competence in 2 of the 5 areas of wet trade work (bricklaying, plastering, roofing, groundworks, floor laying) and competent to do minor amounts of the 3rd.
• Have experience of the repair and maintenance of residential/occupied properties and completing work to a high standard of craftsmanship.
• Can demonstrate awareness of, and commitment to, Health and Safety procedures for plant, personal protective equipment and sound working practices.
• Have a tidy and methodical approach to work, a polite manner, smart appearance and good timekeeping.
• Have a high level of manual dexterity, along with the ability to work in confined spaces (kneeling, crouching) and working at high or low levels.
• Are able to work safely and securely as a lone worker.
• City & Guilds, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification in a core wet trade skill, or equivalent level of competence obtained from on-the-job experience. NVQ level 3 is desirable.
• Have a valid driving licence.
• Have Maths and English GCSE/O Level passes at Grade C or above or equivalent level of knowledge acquired from on-the-job training or experience.
• Are willing to participate in the standby rota as directed. This includes the ability to respond to standby calls within a reasonable period.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours and duties, including completing work of other trades associated with the core trade.
For this job role, it is desirable that you:
• Have experience of using Email/Calendar/Outlook/Photograph functions on a tablet computer, PC or mobile phone or a willingness to learn.
| Job Requirements/
To apply or for further information please go to: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/cottsway/vacancies.aspx.
Cottsway Housing Association
More Listings from Cottsway Housing Association
Keep up-to-date by subscribing to our eNewsletter. (you can un-subscribe at anytime)